Friday, March 13, 2009

I feel like a new woman....

I've just been to the hairdresser! First time in 8 months (I was going to name this post "Eight Months Between Roots" but I wasn't sure that my non-Australian friends would understand the humour in that one).

3 hours of having foils put in, taken out, my hair washed, a treatment and a head massage, and I truly do feel amazingly different. No wonder some women do this every month!

Toto came home after school to do an assignment, as he feels that he can't do it at DH's house. He says that DH doesn't help him with his homework when he's stuck, and gives him a set time limit in which to complete it. If he doesn't manage it all in that time, DH gets angry and tells him that he has to take the consequences at school.

Boo organised a playdate across the road so that he would be here when DH came to collect them both at 6pm.

So, now they're both gone and I'm facing a weekend of selfishness. I've got two books lined up that I've been longing to read... and a list of movies that I'd love to see. And other than that... I plan to sleep. Next week is going to be huge. Family Court ordered counselling on Monday and a couple of big jobs during the week.

Can you tell that I'm feeling enormously better?

17 comments:

M said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Does this mean we'll see you on Monday night?

There must've been a rush on Sydney hairdressers this week. I'm freshly preened as are a few others I've noticed!

jeanie said...

Nothing like a spruce up to feel like a million bucks!! Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better. It's amazing what a new do can do!

alby said...

I think my grey roots are longer than the rest of my hair, which was dyed to a colour resembling the luscious brown of my youth back in September 08 to commemorate my 36th birthday. Dagnabbit, move aside children, it's my turn! Hang on, did I turn 36 or 35? I lost count after 22.

Dina Roberts said...

I haven't had an appointment for my hair since Jack was around 2!

Maybe I should follow in your footsteps.

Your DH is very bizarre. The homework thing is absolutely crazy.

I'm glad you're feeling better. What books are you planning to read?

Anonymous said...

Firstly, glad you're feeling better. Amazing how a day at the salon can solve all a woman's problems...us men, well, we're just happy if we still have hair. Or even if we don't.

Secondly, DH and the homework thing...I am speechless. As a teacher, I deal with parents all the time who either don't give a shit, or who believe that their child's education is someone else's responsibility . Clearly, DH is one of those parents. Please give him a whack over the head, and tell him it's from me, on behalf of teachers everywhere. Thanks.

Thirdly, I just read through some of your older posts about what DH is putting you through (sorry I've been away for awhile and missed a lot). My offer from yesterday goes double for him. I'd really r e a l l y like to meet this guy. Somewhere dark. With a big stick. Regardless of his feelings toward you, does he not realize what he's putting his children through?

And lastly, I forgot to invite you to visit my blog - I've started one of my own, as a place to document my life and put my random thoughts into words. Stop by and visit if you'd like:

http://sci-teach912.blogspot.com

Super Sarah said...

My aussie sense of humour has finally kicked in, so I liked your alternative title! I managed to make a Nanna snort iced water almost out her nose last night at Playgroup Ladies night out by telling her I thought Rissoles were actually called Arseholes for months until my mother-in-law corrected me. Good old aussie slang!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad you're feeling better - it amazing how much good a little pampering and selfishness can do for you. Hope you enjoy your weekend and I'll have everything crossed for all your big stuff next week.

sarahcis said...

rissoles and arseholes !! I snorted (without the iced water!)

well done Fe !
I can also highly recommend the new Korean Baths at the Chifley at the Kings X. Had a lovely 3 hours there yesterday - I now have skin like a baby's bottom and the bruises to prove the excellent massage I had . And they give you the loofah gloves to take home

Le said...

ya go the hair colour ... I have always said if I ever had money to burn I would have a personal, live above the garae hairdresser and a driver in a bentley :) le xoxo

Sherendipity said...

Yaay you!!! Awesome.

Anonymous said...

It must be contagious, I am going this weeka dn 9 weeks have past which is 4 longer than it should have been. I am wanting to feel as marvelous as you do!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are feeling better but I want to see photos of the new you!

Anonymous said...

Yay you!

MissyBoo said...

Nothing like a couple of hours in the salon to help that new woman feeling xxx

Anonymous said...

A head massage?

Mmmmm.............

Hope the Family Court thing goes well. When I was going through my divorce all of the stuff with mediation and the like was only just getting started. It sounds like it's a lot more front and centre now.

Bj in Dallas said...

I always feel great when I get back from the hair place; my girl is like going to the therapist..

came over to check on the divorce stuff and it looks like you are still dealing with the arrshole DH. I just had the discussion last night that why do some adults choose to f up the kids just in spite? Sorry, hang in there....

Bj