Sunday, May 10, 2009

Slow start... spectacular finish....

They bounced through the door at 7.40pm screaming "Mummy! We've missed you!!!" and both burst into tears. Which of course meant that I burst into tears too.

They then very enthusiastically gave me their pressies.... aromatherapy oils which they had carefully picked themselves and just beautiful cards with the most amazing declarations of love from such young boys.

They had asked DH if they could come home early to spend some time with me, but he took them to celebrate Mother's Day with his cousin instead. Both were miserable all day. I think seeing other kids hanging out with their own Mum on this day was very hard for them.

Apparently dinner was only watermelon, so both were starving.

So... *sigh* .... we all had a miserable day without each other but a wonderful slice of gooey-ickey love at the very end.

I so appreciate the good moments.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how lovely! It's what it's all about isn't it. :)

Sherendipity said...

I'm so glad it worked out in the end for you.

Wen said...

Oh, yay! Did you note the cousin visit and watermelon for a future affidavit? DH is such a schmuck. I abhore people who use their children to wage war with an ex. Lower than pond scum, that man.

Your late Mother's Day with the boys sounds wonderful. Now that it is Mother's Day here, I am going to one of my tennis partner's houses to share her day of lounging by the pool (can't swim yet myself) and having dinner brought to her by hubby and the boys (she also has two boys, younger than yours).

Dina Roberts said...

Your ex is such a sick piece of shit. Why the hell did he keep them from you on Mother's Day.

I really really really really HATE that man.

But on a happy note : )....I'm glad you guys are together again.

Your husband really is evil.

Anonymous said...

Making the boys spend Mothers Day with him is a really sick power play - especially considering that you had to stay home and wait - just in case he decided to bring them back early. I find waiting horrible, I wish we could have distracted you a little, but it must have been very sweet to have them home at last.

Happy Mothers Day!

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

A lovely end to your day. I hope it compensated just a little.

(Hey Dina - don't hold back, tell us what you really think!) :)

Ali said...

Yay for the beautiful boys. I second Dina's comments about DH.
xx

tiff said...

I'm glad the ending was happy.
You deserve it, you all do.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he kept them from you on Mother's Day. Using the kids as a weapon to hurt you...

What a DH.

jeanie said...

I can't believe you don't have an agreement in place where you get Mother's Day and he Father's - and even so, it shows his character rather starkly that he didn't do anything to make it a possibility.

Wolfie said...

Fe, my Ex did not even want the kids (the kids spent the time with me that weekend (noticed that I did NOT say "it was MY weekend (learnded that at Mediation ;-). When I spoke to her the week before she told me she already had plans. You can imagine how disappointed the kids were. We decided to have fathers day again :-))

MissyBoo said...

I'm with everyone else - I cannot believe a) he kept them from you on Mother's Day, and b) he didn't even bring them home early. Arrrggghhh!

So glad you had a big LOVE-IN when they got home :)