I don't have a definitive answer yet. But I'm feeling more confident.
Yes, there are two lumps that could be cysts or tumours. I had core biopsies taken of both of them (OW OW OW OW OW OW... especially after having more mammograms done).... and will find the results out on Monday.
The lovely lovely Doctor who did the biopsies told me that they looked much more like cysts than tumours to him, and therefore I am feeling very very optimistic!
God it's an awful experience though. 10 women sitting in the waiting room like sparrows on a fence. Some are sent home after their mammograms. More are sent home after their ultrasounds. Eventually there were only two of us waiting to have biopsies. Not a wonderful feeling.
The other woman was feeling incredibly distressed, and said "I've been calculating the odds. It's either you or me.". I looked at her with a compassionate expression and said "It just might not be either of us" and believed it.
So, THANK YOU MY DARLING FRIENDS! I felt your support and love throughout the 4 hour appointment. Now we just have to cross a pinkie-finger until Monday. I'm sure it's all okay though. Really I am.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




21 comments:
OH MY.
OH MY.
Hang in there Fe. your blog proves the strength you have. hoping the news is all good. I'll be popping by again to check.
Fe, my darling, I have everything crossed. I am sure that you are right. Anyway, I kind of believe we can make it so just by believing it. You will be in my thoughts. xx
Fe, I follow your blog and will be praying for you. You are so good to explain the divorce, plus you and your boys reactions. The good times and the bad. I appreciate your open honesty.
Phew! I'll still have all that stuff crossed over the weekend for you, but I am sending good vibes your way and feeling confident in the power of positive thinking. ((hugs))
Oh Fe,
I am so late to this, well, it is by no means a party. Have been so wrapped up in my own misery. I am sorry.
Sorry that you've had all this stress, sorry that I am behind the eight ball and hoping against all hopes that the news is good.
It has been way to long between blog lurking. My love and bestest luck thoughts are with you Fe.
Fingers, toes and legs crossed for you! It sounds like it was a tough day but your tone is optimistic which is great!
Wait...what have I missed...will go back a post or two.
Just catching up
You can do this Fe.
My thoughts and prayers are with you for nothing but a positive outcome.
I can't imagine the stress you are under but girl your optimism is infectious.
♥☺♥ If there's one person who you should never give up on. That's YOU. Don't give up on you!! ♥☺♥
(ps I stole this off twitter)
I so hope that you get positive, good news on Monday. Will keep everything crossed for you in the mean time.
Okay...[hyperventilating]...now I can breath again. My heart will probably start beating again in the next day or two.
I'm sorry for all the stress this put on you. Get a good night's sleep tonight.
Keeping all body parts crossed until you get your results, but feeling much better now - thanks for keeping us up to date.
Thank you everyone. I'm SO sorry that I put you all through this. It was pretty selfish, I can see that clearly, but I am so grateful for all your concern and I KNOW that it is your support that is allowing me to get through this with grace and composure.
I'm not good at talking about my stuff. Especially at this stage of my life with SO much crap going on. I guess I keep people at a distance, actually I KNOW that I do that, to protect myself from dragging them down and then having them reject me.
So, your support is golden.
Thank you all.
Kim... I may need that cake on Monday.
Watershedd... I was listening to Indigo Girls on my iPod while waiting there today. That's how I found your blog... they're absolute favourites of mine too.
Ali... Thanks sweetie.
Rita.. Thank you so much for the kind words. It's hard to know how others perceive my blog. I really appreciate your comment.
Guera... Thanks sweetie. I'm feeling positive! All the positive vibes must be working!
Tiff... you have SO much on your plate! Please don't apologise to me or I'll have to apologise to you for not posting enough on your blog!
Armywife... LOVELY to hear from you! Hope all is well with you. I'll email you.
Thanks Sarah... Enjoy your sisters' visit and get your mammograms done SOON!
M... don't worry... all will be okay by Monday! I'm sure of it.
Trish...Thank you for the lovely quote. It's true.
Gemisht... Thank you. I so appreciate it.
Jeff... I'm so sorry especially to do this to you. I know it's very close to home.
((( hugs )))
Fe,
Shit! You are NOT selfish!!!!!!!
I think at a time like this, EVERYONE and anyone would need friends by their side.
I will keep praying for you. My BIG hope is it ends up being nothing. We will all sigh with relief. I'll be so so so happy.
If it ends up being something, I'll pray that you quickly go back into remission and are healthy again.
Please keep talking to us. Don't feel you need to deal with this alone. PLEASE!!!!!!
*Exhaling Loudly* I am going to continue to keep all those positive vibes travelling in your direction until Monday, when I will be sighing with relief for you.
Echoing Dina,
"Shit! You are NOT selfish!!!!!!!
I think at a time like this, EVERYONE and anyone would need friends by their side."
Lots of ((((HUGS)))) to you xx
What a waiting room experience. I'm amazed at your calm response to your sidewoman. I would've told her off!
I know you're having a tough time. You seem to be taking it well! When times get tough, it's really really ok to go and rent ten funny (funny Ha Ha) movies and watch them straight through.
Good vibes on the boobies, and fyi I've been cursing your ex for you, so he may just get a pox!
Fe, it was NOT selfish of you to put this on us - that's what friends are for. We care about you more than you know, and we are here for you to lean on. So don't think for one second that you are dragging us down.
And especially don't be sorry for doing that to me. Yes, this hits close to home for me, but not nearly as close as it does for you. I held my breath for 24 hours, but I'll be okay. If you ever need someone to lean on, I'll always be here. Always. You know that.
Oh, and to Jennie: LOL at your comment - "good vibes on the boobies". Fe, I'm sending good vibes in that general direction too, even though I probably shouldn't be thinking about your boobies :).
good to hear ! love from all of us at snotty sinus land !
fingers and toes crossed.
Sorry, Fe that was me who removed the comment. I want to say something, but I just can't find the right words.. I am going through the exact same shit at the moment so all I can say is: I am thinking of you and I will be sending some seriously good vibes your way :-)
Love, Eveline
Thank you guys. ((((( hug )))))
Eveline... I've emailed you. ((((( hug ))))))
Post a Comment