Friday, June 13, 2008

Is leaving a way of appreciating what I have when I return?

This is my question of the day.

I left Australia once, 20 years ago, and stayed away.  I was a lost soul for years... although I value every person I met and every lesson that I learned during that time.  

I didn't actually choose to come home.  I met DH and stayed to be with him.  

And for years, I felt displaced.  I didn't belong here, but I didn't belong there.  I simply took years to learn the basic lesson of "wherever I go, there I am".  But I DID learn it.  And life moved on.

I have taken trips in the last 10 years...... but never for 6 weeks....... and not with my kids.

We're packed and although I'm extremely anxious, I also feel ready.  I'm looking forward to sharing my wonderful friends and my favourite places with my two favourite boys in the whole wide world.

Wish us luck!  I'll update this blog along the way..... although as Gillian (in Glasgow) doesn't have internet access at home, the first couple of weeks might be sketchy.


5 comments:

M said...

Short answer: Yep

Have a great time, I'll be looking forward to hearing about your adventures when you return.

Anonymous said...

You don't need luck!! This will be great for you and your boys.
Just enjoy!!!

xxxTrui

Unknown said...

No internet?
No internet!

Well you just have the most 'wonderfulest' time, Fe! What an opportunity. No internet?! I know you'll do a great job of showing those boys this amazing world. And I hope it will be a time of renewal and reenerginzing for you, even though travelling can sometimes be stressful. No internet?! Leave your worries behind and just enjoy each day as it comes. And that goes for Hamish and Fergus too. No internet?!

Travel safe, guys.

xox
Joan
No internet?!

Anonymous said...

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL time, and I shall be eagerly awaiting tales of your adventures :)

Fe said...

I found internet!! Although it's bloody expensive! Still... here I am.....