
We survived the flights. The FULL flights. The "every single seat on the 12 hour flight has been sold" flight. The "F got plane sick and threw up all over himself, me and the seat within the first half hour" flight. The "Phenergan definitely does NOT work for my children" flights. The "BA flight attendants aren't nearly as nice as Qantas flight attendants" flights (information learned when juggling vomiting child from centre seat with attendant standing well back and telling me to take him to the toilet)
We're absolutely exhausted. But, as F just said "I feel way better for getting off the plane".
Here we are in Heathrow's Terminal 5. Brand new and hugely controversial (I definitely have jet lag. The terminal keeps swaying and it took me 3 minutes to remember the word "controversial"), it's glamorous, expensive-looking and 25 irritating bus-ride minutes away from Terminal 4 (where we arrived). Our flight to Glasgow leaves in 1.5 hours and so we're sitting in a cafe ........ where F ate his first meal in 24 hours ....... and now H is feeling extremely sick. Jet lag, I'm sure, but the boys are having a wonderful conversation about whether he should vomit on the Audi R8 or the Ferrari F430 (both parked on a display station less than 20 metres from us right now!).
They've been behaving wonderfully, although we are all getting a bit scratchy now. Especially me. Still...... we haven't missed any connections (although we cut it very fine in Bangkok when I lost our boarding passes) and are all reasonable okay. Just dehydrated and exhausted.
Can't wait for Glasgow. Nearly there!!! Poor Gillian. I'm sure we all STINK (F and I sure do because of afore-mentioned event on flight) and we are bound to collapse with our heads in our laps about mid-afternoon.




3 comments:
Hello travelers. Long full flights are the pits, even without the vomiting. Give my best to the boys and tell them I am oh so envious of their itinerary. I look forward to hearing of your further adventures. For H, I think the Ferrari would be best as it is a much stronger statement.
Wen
So, you had a good flight!:-)))
Now you can really start to enjoy!!
xxTrui
Good Luck, Fe!
Didn't know when you left, so I couldn't wish you happy travels!
I really hope you enjoy friends, summer and each other!
Anne
Post a Comment