Friday, April 10, 2009

Woof woof....

Happy Good Friday everyone... from my germ-riddled home to yours!

Yes, I'm sick as a dog. Barking sick. No voice. Blocked nose. Fever. Headache. And I'm not handling it well. I'm calling it "Man-Flu" because I feel like I'm dying whilst knowing that it's only a case of the flu.

Boo has had it all week. I kept him home from school as I didn't want him to pass it on to others just before our Easter Holidays, and he obviously gave it to me.

Which meant that I have missed out on lots of lovely social activities. Ah well.

We did, however, attend a wonderful Passover celebration on Wednesday night at our good friend Jenni's. It was the first time my boys had attended Passover, and, although they didn't really appreciate all of the food, they loved the ceremonial aspects and learning the history of the holiday.

They're off to DH's today for the first week of the holidays. I'm dreading the silence and agony of missing them. They've been SO much happier since their session with the Family Court counsellor. The relief of telling their truth to her, and of finding out that it's now much more likely that they will continue to live with me, has lifted an enormous burden from their small shoulders.

This week will be the first time they've seen DH since it all happened though, and they're a bit nervous about his reaction to all that they told the counsellor. I have told them that I will come and get them at any time if they are feeling worried and if DH is threatening them in any way (of course I didn't use those words at all.... just said to call me if they were scared of Daddy's anger) even though he's taking them 3.5 hours out of Sydney for the Easter weekend.

Fingers crossed he doesn't take his frustration out on them.

5 comments:

Dina Roberts said...

Hey...Jewish-wise you're doing better than me. We didn't do any Passover this year. I haven't even eaten any Matzah.

I'm sorry you're sick : (

I hope you feel better!!!

And I hope the boy's weekend with Mr. Evil isn't that bad.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Man-Flu....? Hmmmmmmmmm.....

J

Wen said...

So sorry you are sick! Check out the board for my b'day activities, such as they are. I so hope that all goes well with the boys. Perhaps as they will be away from dh's house, there may be less pressure. Hoping so anyway.

Rita said...

I don't know how you do it! I've lived so much of what you are living now and I didn't do so well. I'll remember you in my prayers. You are one strong gal.

Fe said...

Dina: If we ever see another Matzah it'll be too soon. LOL!

Jeff: You know Man-Flu. Woman-Flu is when you're at death's door and you're still up and about parenting and working etc. Man-Flu is when you are lying around moaning about how you're going to die. From flu. Massive generalisation. Sorry. But I'm going to die from this flu. Trust me.

Wen: Thanks babe. Happy Birthday! Haven't heard from the boys yet, but am hoping that they will be under less pressure.

Rita: Welcome! Thanks for the kind words. I'm so sorry that you've been through all this horrible drama as well. I don't think I'd be doing so well if I didn't have such great support.