Friday, August 22, 2008

Bunny Rabbits and Sewing Machines on a Friday Night

Yeah, I know. It's sad. My life has gone from AROUND THE WORLD to tiny tiny tiny and don't think that I don't feel it.

DH is back from Bali. Need i say more? I wish that, after 10 years, I could avoid the "effect" from contact with him. But I can't. And it really has nothing to do with how I may have felt about him all those years ago...... and everything to do with how I feel about my boys and the impact that his behaviour towards me and them may have upon their future.

*sigh*

(and re the heading: there is a bunny rabbit chewing at my Parisienne shoes while I type this AND I just bought a sewing machine to replace my much loved 40 year old machine with which I clothed my children and myself for years and which has just broken. Again. *breathe* )

On an upside..... I wildly quoted an obscene fee for a "one-off around Australia" MC-ing job that should never have been offered to me...... and was GIVEN THE JOB!!!! That will be a week of WILD blogging from remote locations while I wildly flail in an attempt to entertain, inspire and amuse with MUCH better grammar than I've ever managed to display here. Hopefully.

On a downside..... my health is suffering from the stress that I'm under. I simply must find different coping mechanisms (self-imposed isolation and WordTwist just aren't cutting it) before I fall apart completely.

Damn depression.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dropped by to read, thanks so much for sendng me your link. Sounds like you are having one of 'those days'. Hope it gets better for you soon. I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

Know the feeling of a tiny tiny world after being in other hemispheres, regions, countries, cities, towns but Oz/Sydney is b-e-utiful so all is not lost and you are the envy of sooo many others! Not sure if that helps but as I said I can dig it. As for DH/health I am confident you will sling shot out the other side and we are all here for you in the meantime. J xox

Fe said...

Welcome Rhubarbwhine! Thanks for dropping in and commenting.

Yes, definitely one of those days, more like one of those weeks. Definitely not one of those lives, and that's the important thing. I always bounce back.

Thanks J. That means an awful lot. xxx

Anonymous said...

Big hug for you on Thursday. Love to support and listen. Take care xxJel

Lorrie Veasey said...

I hope that by the next time you post, the world is a bit rosier for you. Sending you good thoughts.

MissyBoo said...

Just having a lurk! Hope you're feeling much better real soon.

PS That photo of you and your boys at the Eifel Tower is stunning

M said...

Oh gee, so much in one post. So, you have a bunny, excellent. Your old sewing machine is dead, not so excellent (my 35 yo one is going well after being re-conditioned so fingers crossed). Got a new machine, ouch on the purse. DH back, Bleh. No more holidays, Bleh Bleh.

BUT an exciting MC-ing job. Sounds fabulous.

Mrs. G. said...

Congrats on the job. Be kind to yourself.

Fe said...

Wow. I'm blown away by the number of comments (a record for me?) and the support. Thanks everyone. It means a huge lot.

Not my bunny, M. I was at a friends' house. MY house is a tip of sewing paraphernalia right now. (the boys LOVE that..... not).

Am feeling okay. Truly. Just a bit numb.

Job will be fun! It's only for a week.... and it's not for another month or two, but it will get me out of my comfort zone, and that can only be a good thing.

Anonymous said...

And another comment makes 10!
I hope you feel better now. Nice job to look forward to.

Trui xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to ask: don't you lurk at my blog??

Trui

Fe said...

Oh Trui!!! Congratulations!! I admit that I used to visit much more often, but find it difficult to make sense of the text once I've translated it, and therefore I don't visit as much as I otherwise would.

But I just saw the photos and saw instantly that your son got married! It looks like a wonderful day! You must be so proud!

Congratulations to Roeland and Natasja!! xxx