Six lovely long wonderful weeks without his corrosive, cruel and disruptive influence on my little family.
He telephoned from the airport this morning. To let me know that he will be out of the country for 3 weeks.
The boys mentioned on Monday that he was going to Bali, and because it affects when the children stay with him (obviously) I rang him and left two telephone messages asking him if this was true, and if so, when would he be away. I even explained that I needed to know in order to organise things for the kids on the weekends. But no... in true form he did not return my phone calls.
And this morning when he rang, I asked him why it took him 2 days to return my call and he laughed. "Because I didn't want to have this conversation with you". And I hung up. So, rightly or wrongly, when he rang back and asked to speak to his kids, I said "If you want to speak to them, you have to have this conversation with me first". And he hung up.
While I was away there was quite a lot of stuff in the media about the Child Support Agency stopping parents who owe lots of money at the airport on their way out of the country. DH owes me at least $200,000.00 in unpaid child support over the last 10 years (according to Family Court Orders that we have). And he has recently inherited a considerable amount of money from his fathers' estate. Think there's a connection?
And because there are never any consequences to his actions, he just continues to behave like this to me. He's done this before. In fact, he has left the country without even calling me from the airport and without letting me know that he wouldn't be picking the kids up from school. Twice.
10 years of not paying Child Support and getting away with it (although, ironically, he has started to pay a small amount regularly since we've been away). 10 years of just not turning up to collect his kids (without letting me know) and getting away with it.
I have followed every avenue of legal and governmental redress open to me. Apparently, the fact that he hides his income means that he wins. All of the time. He owes the Australian Taxation Department a lot of money as well (and even more if they knew his REAL income), and unless I can afford Forensic Accountants (I can't) I have to wait for them to decide to focus on his case.
And if I make his seeing the kids difficult, I would be in the wrong. The impotence that I feel is so incredibly debilitating.




3 comments:
Jeez Fe, this is terrible. I had no idea!!! I am so sorry you have to put up with such an ass!
If only your holiday feeling could last a bit longer...
Thinking of you!
Love, Eveline
Thanks Eveline. I'm not going to let him take away the benefits of the holiday, don't worry. It's my reality. And my lovely holiday gave me a wonderful break from it. But I'm refreshed and renewed and just not going to let him break me. xxxx
I sat for it with a cup of coffee. It took me a while to read it all. This is such a bad (but real) story. Unfortunattely he is the 'father' of your children. And good on you, don't let him spoil your good feelings about your holiday. Dream away babe and enjoy so you can keep your strenght. You are great! love Jel
Post a Comment