It's been another week between posts. A fact that both shocks me and doesn't surprise me at all, in equal proportions.
It's been a week filled with more nastiness from DH (I probably should explain every now and then for my newer friends that DH does NOT stand for Dear Husband here on my blog. It stands for Dick Head. My ex-husband. Sorry to be so blunt. But there you have it.) and more downtimes for me.
But there have been some bright spots too and all in all I can feel my spirit lifting. God knows I've been trying.
On Thursday night we had Dina (and her husband Tim and son Jack) from The Girl Who Wished She Was Australian over for dinner. We'd organised this before she left Texas for her Australian holiday, and I wasn't going to let a little bout of depression stop me from meeting her. I will, however, admit to feeling more than my usual sense of anxiety prior to meeting a bloggy friend for the very first time.
We had a fantastic evening. All that wasted anxiety!! It was as though we'd known each other for years. Really. We were laughing at the most ridiculous things within about an hour.... a real indication of true simpatico in my books. We played Trivial Pursuit, ate large amounts of food and became good friends. All in the space of a few hours. (photos soon... I promise).
It was so good, in fact, that we're doing it again next week.
And I feel up to it. A true leap forward from the way I've been feeling these last few weeks.
So many of you have emailed me "just checking in". THANK YOU. Thank you. Thank you.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
I hope you "emerge" soon. Inigo misses you ;)
Sorry to hear DH continues to be at his tricks.
How exciting meeting Dina, and even more exciting that she brought a little bit of sunshine into your week :)
xxx
I'm glad to 'hear' a little bit of joy in your voice. :) Sorry to hear DH is still being a DH. I am not surprised that you gelled easily with a bloggy friend - you are such an easy person to like after all. :)
And guess what? I just booked to come over to Sydney again after Easter! Hope we can catch up again when I'm there. :) xoxo
Good for you. It sounds like a needed and well deserved night among friends.
So there is another who wishes she were Australian. You need another term for DH now that he is being uber DH. Ratfink and jerk face are two of my fave non-swearing ones, though he truly deserves his own special one. Let me think on this........
YA double YA ... THIS IS just what one needed - an out of body experience with a great blogging buddy :) well I know you were in your body - but hey what a great step outside your norm and nastiess of the DH world - biggest hugs le xoxo
Jealous here.
How exciting to meet Dina and to have her brighten things up.
It's nice to have some sun amongst all the grey clouds and rain.
Hang in there Fe.
Great that you met a bloggy friend and had a good time too. I/m jealous!
Hang in there Fe.
New friendships is just one of many things that lie in your future....
Post a Comment