We very nearly missed our Eurostar train to Paris. I could not find the Europcar return office in Euston Station Multistory carpark. In fact, I could not find the car park. I telephoned Europcar, and they took 20 minutes to give me the wrong street address. In desperation (with crying children in the car and with my stress levels through the roof) I asked 2 cabbies, a postal worker and finally a policeman before being given accurate directions.
So, 40 minutes late, we arrived at the car return with only 30 minutes to catch our train..... which was a 20 minute walk away!!! AND we were supposed to check in 45 minutes before departure!! I ORDERED the Car Rental guy to drive us to St Pancras International station, he did, and we made our train. Just. Sheesh it was stressful. But we relaxed on the fast train, and 2.5 hours later were in Paris.





Fabienne met us at the train station and brought us home to her gorgeous, character-filled Parisienne pad. Which is where we are now, resting up before taking a walk around Montmartre. Too good.




No comments:
Post a Comment