I know this is a LOT of photos, but I actually took 657 today, so please appreciate the effort in keeping this post to a minimum!!!
I forgot to mention that the very first thing that I did in Paris (when Fabi was walking us to her car after collecting us from Paris-Nord Railway Station) was step in dog poo. Quite a good luck event (apparently) and definitely a reminder of one of the things to watch out for in Paris!!
Today was (and still is) wonderful. Fabi had to work, and so the boys and I slept in before leaving in search of a typical Parisienne-tourist breakfast of hot chocolate and croissant. We caught the Metro to Saint Michel....


where we saw our first Parisienne demonstration (un-registered workers demonstrating for respect (kind of))...

and then walking on to Notre Dame. Sigh.
Isn't she beautiful?? (Notre Dame, of course)
and then hopping on another Red-Bus for the easy-access approach to the city...



















(this smile's for you, Nonie. He refused to look at me until I said "Just smile for a photo for Nonie!")





We think these guys were all smiling WAY too much for it to be a real arrest, and as all of Paris is filled with Gendarmes preparing for Bastille Day next Monday (July 14) we have decided that it was an exercise.....

Ummm...... I think they're tired of being Supermodels. Can't blame them. I'm absolutely relentless (if I do say so myself)..
*sigh* .... back on the Metro for the trip home.....
where boys have had dinner and baths and are dancing to tunes on Fabi's iMac. I'm waiting for Fabi to return home before we decide how to spend our evening. Couldn't get better really.




1 comment:
I'm so hoping that I will be in Paris aboutthis time next year. Hoping. Hoping.
Post a Comment