There is a fantastic scheme here in Paris where you can hire "public bikes" from bike stands every 300 metres or so throughout the city. You swipe your credit card, and if you return the bikes within 30 mins it doesn't cost you anything, but after that it's 1 euro per hour. Fantastic!
So, we hired 3 bikes (Fabi has her own) and rode off at 9pm, along the canal paths, to an amazing cinema


where we saw the end of an extremely esoteric film made by an animator. It was in many different languages and wasn't meant to make any sense..... more an exhibition in the art form and amazing art direction. The boys weren't sure what to make of it, but the experience was pretty amazing.

And then we rode through Paris through the night! We rode for an hour.... along streets as well as bike paths..... and it was incredible! We stopped for refreshments at one point, and didn't get home until midnight. It was an experience that will stay with me for a long, long time.... and I hope with the boys as well.




2 comments:
I _SO_ want to be you right now.
Isn't it great? I haven't said or thought this for a long long time, but it's just GREAT to be me!!! Don't worry.... in about 8 or 10 years (that's how long I had to wait) you, Inigo and Mark might be having your own Paris adventure.
Love to all of you xxxxx
Post a Comment