This is an horrendous illness.
We're getting no sleep... the coughing until he vomits is worse at night, although it continues through the days as well. Days when I'm desperately trying to do :
a) the legal docs
b) a Child Support change of assessment response
c) 6 years of tax returns
And there's nothing I can do to comfort him. Well, other than the Vapor rub, the humidifier, the cough medicine, the sympathy.
It's heartbreaking.
And he's missing ALL of the end of year school activities. Not fair.
Toto has his very last day of primary school tomorrow. We had the formal Year 6 Farewell dinner on Wednesday night and (of course) I was teary and emotional.
Hope my tears don't embarrass him too much tomorrow. I'm too exhausted to hold them in.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
It sounds horrendous. Poor Boo, did anything come back from the tests he had the other day?
Poor you, I can only imagine how exhausted you must be, especially with all the 'other' stuff you need to deal with.
If you cry, I am sure Toto will understand. I get tears in my eyes for all of my Boo's little moments even when I don't have anything much going on in my life!
Thinking of you and hoping it all gets better quickly.
xxx
hello honey
these are tough times .... child illness is just the pits - you feel so hopeless, helpless and the rest.
Wish we could come down and do your papers for you ... buggar !
stay safe and well yourself - the boys don't need a sick mummy.
so please she is up now - biggest ya hooo - the greatest xmas pressie ...
my love le
Congratulations to Toto, this is an exciting time :)
All my love to the three of you, tell Boo I am coughing and spluttering in sympathy :(
WP is horrendous and so scary for kids too. I nursed several children hospitalised with it.
I hope he starts to recover quickly.
I got all teary at my son's 'graduation' too. I wasn't the only one ! and I am sure a few mums will be puddling up beside you too.
Oh poor Boo.
I hope you'll be able to make it to school for the "passing out" parade for the yr 6s tomorrow (I assume they'll have it?).
BTW, I get all emotional for the Year 6s and I have a Year 4. I'll be completely hopeless when Blossom leaves...
Oh, poor Boo. Fingers crossed he turns a corner soon. xxx
I got all teary today and it was only Guerita's last day of Pre-Primary! I'll be a blubbering mess by the time she graduates. :)
Poor Boo. This is just awful.
Hang in there Fe, you're amazing managing to keep all of us updated along with everything else!
You know I'm with you on the graduating from Primary School thing. Too hard!
It sounds so horrible. I hope he gets better soon.
We brought Jack to the doctor yesterday because he's had a sore throat and cough. She put him on antibiotics for whooping cough because she thought it sounded like that might develop. Usually, I'd be against antibiotics without an official lab test diagnosis, but I kept thinking of what you're going through!!!!
Poor Boo : (
And poor you.
I wish I was magic and could wish it all away for you.
Poor boo and poor you.
I know how hard it is when you feel like you just can't do anything to help.
It's so hard.
Hope your little man feels better soon.
Post a Comment