The whole school forms a large arch and the Year 6 kids walk through it... to the tune of "Time of Your Life" by Green Day (which is actually called "(Good Riddance) Time of Your Life"! Huh!). Who wouldn't cry?
(and thank you M for the wonderful hugs)



"Yeah, I know you're there Mum! Do NOT expect me to look at you."It's official. The diagnostic results are in. Whooping Cough. And just after we came home from school, Toto fell into a heap and started coughing too.
Apparently the fact that he's been at school isn't a problem (according to the doctor)... it's now, with listlessness and fever and feeling ill that is when he begins to be contagious. I still feel bad about him having been at school though. But without a crystal ball, how can any of us tell what's going to happen?
So we have to stay away from babies and old people. And have started a heavy regime of antibiotics (me too, just in case).
Both boys want to stay home with me this weekend, instead of being with DH. I had to tell him over the telephone, and he actually said "I just want to be supportive of you and give you a break". Can you believe it?
I replied, in a very very quiet and calm voice.. "DH (I actually used his name, but jeez it was tempting), the most stressful thing I have going on at the moment is you taking me to Family Court, so please don't patronise me with false offers of concern."
So... more nights of no sleep. More days house-bound and bored. Except for me.. I'm still trying to get all this bloody stuff finished in between soothing and feeding children, cleaning vomit off the carpet, emptying vomit-filled buckets and washing vomit-covered clothes and sheets. It's so frustrating to be unable to get to the shops. I'm dying to go to Spotlight to buy some fabric to complete some Christmas present bags, but just can't get there. Hopefully no-one will expect too much from me this Christmas.
Amazingly, or perhaps not so amazingly, the song that is on loop in my brain at the moment is "Things Can Only Get Better" by D:Ream.





10 comments:
Congratulations Toto! But unfortunately it sounds like you're going to spend all your holidays coughing.
Fe, I'm thinking of you. Whooping Cough is the last thing the 3 of you need amongst all the other stress in your life.
FW, likes to use the 'break' line often!!! So I understand just how annoying that is!
Take Care of Yourself
xxx
600 kids forming a farewell arch is a great sight and I look forward to it every year. Only two years and I'll be the tearful parent!
No-one sane will expect anything of you when you have sick children and a court case looming. If they do they are not worth worrying about.
Hugs.
Yay for Toto! Such a big day.
Soooo sorry about the whooping cough. It is just awful.
Heh. I had my preferred name for my ex-husband programmed into my mobile but had to change it a few years ago because the chance of me calling him by it became too great.
Hi Fe
I've dropped in via Le's blog at Third on the Right and was really moved by your honesty and love for your children. So sorry to hear about the whooping cough. It's a shocker and I hope everyone is fighting fit soon.
PS My six year old asked me this week "Mummy...how do we know what Santa looks like if noone has ever seen him?"
I had whooping cough last year, shared with me by one of the cherubs in my class. I.don't.think.I.have.ever.felt.so.sick.in.my.entire.life.
It was truly awful. BIG sympathies from us. (Oh, and congrats as well)
Congrats Toto! What a huge day for him and for you.
I'm so sorry about the illness and about DH's general lack of anything resembling human compassion. I know this is probably the last thing you want to deal with right now, but the plus side is you get your kidlets home with you this weekend.
(((hugs))) xxxx
That is SO awesome what you said to your husband. I'm so happy that you came back with a comeback to that phony concern.
I hate when men manipulate like that. They act like total assholes and then twist things around to try to make themselves look giving and considerate.
The final day stuff would have definitely made me cry. I would probably cry even if it wasn't my child in it.
I'm sorry the kids are sick : (
Hopefully, the antibiotics will work.
The vomiting would drive me insane.
Oh! Forgot to say. I LOVED the photos!!!
Whooping cough! You poor things, not a nice thing to take into christmas time. Look after yourself too. Congrats to Toto on the graduation.
Congratulations to Toto and I hope your poor sickie gets better soon.
I cry every year at the end of school concert. I can't imagine what the end of the final primary year will be like!
Post a Comment