Honestly... you know you're alive when you sit for 5 hours watching 11 year olds play a game of cricket. The well known activity called "Watching Paint Dry" holds more appeal for me.
So, if you want to show off your wonderful parental devotion.... put your child into a cricket team. Preferably one that plays in the Australian summer heat.


(Toto's team did win today though. And he held the second highest run score! Almost made up for the butt-aching boredom endured by Boo and me.)
(Oh.... did I say summer? It's early Spring.... but the 32 degree celsius day heralded hot days to come.)




6 comments:
All I can say is Thank God I have a girl! I can feel your butt-aching boredom just thinking about it! At least you had a lovely view when you got bored!
Thanks m+b, I needed some sympathy for this one. This field is our local... lovely view. Most of them are hot and dry and a long way away from cooling harbour breezes. Although the fact that our local has ZERO shade throughout the day reduces it's desirability too.
My boys did soccer for years. I yearn for the set-game-length-ness of it with a passion that belies belief. I'm thinking about trying to convince them to play INDOOR cricket. But no. It's outdoor summer cricket and winter rugby for both of them.
Oh... and there ARE girls in the team. Beware!
Oh my.........I really feel for you, but I think you did not mind so much, since the boys want to wear the shorts you made for them!:-))))
Trui xx
Lovely to "see" you Trui! How was the wedding?! I've been thinking so much about you and your boys lately.
But, no, they will only wear the shorts "inside". Hmmph.
Did you have some knitting? I recommend cotton for hot days ;)
hi Fe
my eldest played cricket for a few years ... I was ever so glad he gave it up LOL .
Post a Comment