Oh yes. That heading is not a typo.
Two horrendously upsetting things happened to me today. The first one involved DH and the Australian Family Court Laws. The second one, which was much more upsetting, involved a dear dear friend.
She's been heading downhill. I've been crossing every appendage in the hope that she could fend it off at the pass. And then today every analogy came crashing together in an ugly, legs in the air, smash.
*sigh*
You see, this friend and I met in the Loony Bin. 10 years ago next month. We both had post-natal depression. And we both spent 3 months in situ with the forebearers of Homer Simpson.
In the intervening years we've both struggled with our depression demons. We're both medicated. We both regularly see a psychiatrist. And we both fall apart every now and then.
But this time her "fall apart" is too big for us to handle. She said the magic words to me. The words that we have agreed upon that mean "Gazzump the spouse, the parents, the whoever, and get me to the nut-house". And so I did.
And then I came home, sliced gherkins, donned a kaftan and hosted BookClub.
*sob*
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




11 comments:
Speechless! Tough day my friend - sending many many hugs - J x
Well as a fellow bookcluber you did an amazing job of carrying on and hiding your emotions. All considering.
I would've been a blubbering mess. Sorry you had such a crap day.
That should be bookclubber. It's jsut too ltae to tpye.
I had a lovely few hours this morning with you, J, before the phone call that sent me running to my other friend. Thank you.
Thanks M. I thought my rapid consumption of red wine was a bit of a reaction. Oh... and my last minute emergency panicked dress sense! But I'm glad I got away with it.
I loved Book Club tonight. It was a wonderful escape from the horrendous upset of the day. And I especially loved the political discussion at the end.
wow.
that's heavy stuff.
best of luck to your friend.
You are an amazing friend.
Wauw Fe! I am so sorry for you..
What a wonderful friend you are!! That is just amazing... Hope today is a much better day! I'll be sending some seriously positive vibes your way!
Love, Eveline
Strong woman, you!
Praise yourself!
Love, Anne
I am so sorry for your friend!!!! This is such a big thing! You are such a beautiful friend! Jelx
Wow. I hope your day got better and that you are especially kind to yourself over the next few days.
You is a good egg and
Yes wow a tough day
Hugs strength and love to you and your friend
EC
Post a Comment