Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Toto's teacher adores him....

This might be the first of a flurry of posts. Or it might not. Depends totally on ....... something or other. Maybe. Whatever.... (God I love that clock).

The hall at my boys' school is SO small that they can't have ONE concert for the whole school (or play or whatever). Oh no, it's class by class. In inching, agonising, slow-parental-clapping-madness reality.

And today was Boo's years' turn.

The theme was "SPACE". But Boo's previously written about teacher (Mrs Frizzle) decided to ignore that and to amuse herself (and therefore all reality-based parents) with a singing and dancing rendition. Of. "Razzle Dazzle". From. (oh god i'm laughing so hard I can't type) "CHICAGO"!!! (please keep in mind that these are 10 year olds).

Here you go (please excuse bad photography.... I still haven't mastered the art of laughing-until-I wee- and-handling-camera-properly) (and sorry, M, that I focused on the boys..... )....




.... and when I tried to run away at the end.... Toto's teacher stopped me. She SO loves him. We haven't spoken since our European trip and she was dying to tell me how much happier and more confident Toto seems since our trip. And then to tell me that she has observed that he has been struggling again recently and that she would be happy to talk to me at any time. And to talk to him, for me, at any time if necessary.

She does not, in any way shape or form, get paid enough for this kind of over-and-beyond-ness. She's a gem. A wonderful, perfect, born-to-teach-as-a-vocation, woman.

Thank you God for finding a way for her to teach my Toto.

4 comments:

M said...

Don't worry Fe, I got my own wobbly footage focussing on Blossom. It comes with its own "Fe giggling" soundtrack too!

Ms Frizzle is such a cack!

Oh and I agree with you on Toto's teacher. She is a total gem.

Fe said...

oops. Sorry for the giggling sound track. I just could NOT help myself.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Came from M's Razzle Dazzle post. Great pics and soundtrack! That teacher sounds like a cracker.

Fe said...

Thanks Fairlie! Welcome!