DH hadn't asked to see the boys on Fathers' Day, and, not wanting them to feel neglected by all of the important male role-models in their lives, I was pretty upset when my Mum told me that we wouldn't be seeing my own Dad on Fathers' Day this year as both of my brothers had "gotten in" first. One brother had asked them for dinner, and the other for lunch. My boys and I weren't invited to either gathering.
Luckily for us, the lunch-time brother cancelled at the last minute, and so I took my parents for a drive up the northern beaches of Sydney to the worlds BEST fish&chip cafe (no.... I'm not telling you where it is..). Also luckily (or unluckily?) DH DID ask for the boys at the last minute.... but it was too late. And neither boy wanted to go.
So.... we drove. And we did what families used to do before telly and playstation and ipods. We talked. And occasionally we stopped to watch the incredibly HUGE waves which have appeared after the past 4 days of pelting rain.


We weren't alone. There were loads of people checking out the pumping surf (man)...


It was lovely. Just lovely.




5 comments:
Happy Fathers Day!
I'm glad to see your father's day turned out well.
started to be a sad story, 2 brothers doing their own thing. Probably that's what you usally do? I mean not sharing your dad on fathers day! Finally all good for your family. The end...... Jel x0
No, Jel.... it's not what we usually do. It was sad. But it had a happy ending!! xxx
Happy for that happy ending. Sorry, that I assumed. Didn't know. xxx
Post a Comment