Wednesday, September 17, 2008

She's going home on Friday!.....

I'm doing a big ole whoopdy-dooo happy dance!! She's done it! She's gotten herself back to a place of familiarity and acceptance from a place of fear and loathing. I am SO proud of her!!

*phew*

Let's not do all of that again for a while. Please.

5 comments:

M said...

One day I will buy you a coffee and you will need to explain to me what exactly is it that "they" can do to help people lift themselves out of their depression. It is all just a total mystery to me.

Fe said...

Time. Full time staff who are there just to support her through it. And, mainly (Tom Cruise don't react here please) medication.

Changing medications can be a painful and frightning process, and they can do it much faster in a hospital than you can do it on your own at home with kids, job, partner etc. I think, in her case, it was the medication change that was the reason that she has improved so quickly.

Can we still have that coffee? Please?

Anne said...

I am so happy for you and for your friend.
Well done, both of you.
I think you deserve a medal for your support!
Love
Anne

Fe said...

Thank you Anne. I do NOT deserve a medal. I am lucky that I am able, in a tiny way, to repay her for her years of wonderful friendship. And she would do the same for me.

And, (do I need to say it?), I would do the same for you. xx

Anonymous said...

YEAH! Fantastic news. Well done anonymous friend! And well done Fe for being there for her!
X Eveline