Thursday, October 9, 2008

A blogmeet..... and news....

The divine Guera was in Sydney for a few days and organised a get-together with some of her Sydney blog-pals. We met at a beautiful harbourside beach and enjoyed long chats and lot's of kid-play.

My lovely real-life friend M was there, and I got to meet Super Sarah and Trish. It was so lovely to actually meet these people in the flesh.... people whose lives we know so well and yet so little.


And today I received a phone call from the Family Mediation Case Worker. Our case has been deemed "unsuitable for mediation".

So, next step, Family Court.

I'm missing the boys. A lot. And "she" is suffering through another set-back. Lot's of questions about her treatment.... psychiatry is such an in-exact science and most treatments involve a period of trial and error. I just wish that hers didn't have so much of the trial.

I'm a bit flat. But fine.

I probably wouldn't be this fine without such wonderful support from all of you. I can't find the words to describe how valuable all of your comments are. Thank you. You've all got so much on your plate and yet you take time to care about me. Amazing.

10 comments:

Super Sarah said...

It was wonderful meeting you, I hope we get to do that long lunch sometime!

Anonymous said...

Hey you
you are doing amazing stuff
with yourself and with all the other issues and matters going on
you are truly an extraordinary person doing wonderful things
you are a good egg
hug ya love
Ewan C

M said...

I think you hold yourself with pride and dignity considering the stress you are under. I consider that amazing as I would likely crumble. Keep on.

And yes, wasn't it a lovely blog meet. Blue Mountains Mary says she's in for a long lunch too.

Anonymous said...

And you look fabulous to! I LOVE the shirt.

xoxoxoxo

MissyBoo said...

Sounds like a fabulous meet up, and glad you all had lots of fun:-)

Good luck with family court. I guess the positive is you don't have to go through mediation and then end up in court anyway???

I'm sorry to hear 'she' is having some more set backs. I really hope 'she' gets well quickly.

Keep keeping fine, good would be better but fine is still better than bad!!!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Sounds like you had a great blogmeet. Hang in there.

sarahcis said...

you go girl - the blog meet sounded (and looked like) great fun ! Hang in there ! we are all cheering for you

Le said...

Hi Fe ... would you like to borrow my freaky afro wig to wear on the sad days .... good for a laugh - but not the cure I know ...

Thanks for poping in and I hope you are feeling better tomorrow - we live to breath another day ... le

Lorrie Veasey said...

this looks like it was a lot of fun.

You attract what you deserve. If you find yourself surrounded by goodness it is because you reap what you sow-and I am sure you are a light in many people's lives.

Hope time passes quickly and the boys are back home soon

Anonymous said...

I'm finally getting around to commenting! So glad I got to meet you and looking forward to the West Coast edition soon. :)
Hope "she" is getting better and big hugs on the Family Court stuff. I'm glad we can all be some little support to you. Wish we could do more.