Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I feel like all I do is whinge....

To you guys, that is.

She's so much worse. They've tried various different meds and she's not responding to any of them. It feels like a full time job just trying to remind her of reasons to keep surviving.

So she's changing treatments again on Friday. She's scared and she's exhausted and she's totally overwhelmed.

But she's still here, and I know how much of an effort that can be. And I'm SO proud of her.

Me? I'm looking after my cats this week. That might sound like a funny statement, but I had to give them away 4 years ago when we moved into this flat. They live nearby, with lovely people, and the boys and I get to visit them whenever we want. We also get to look after them when their new owners are away.

And the love and purrs and cuddles that my divine Slinky and Malinky are giving me right now are priceless.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not whinging, that's sharing! And thank you for doing it! I admire you for it, so please don't stop!
X Eveline

Anonymous said...

Not whinging at all. You have a sympathetic audience who appreciate you for who you are. Be good to yourself. x

M said...

You know I'm listening.

So lovely to have your cats to play with!

Le said...

Hello Fe Fe ... a small bright spot - you aremy first ever give away winner of the lovely tea pot - ya you :)

as nominated by EasternMax and Lorrie - ya girls ... come on over and give me an address - email me if would on marshallc@virginbroadband.com.au

then I will pack and send away - hugs le

ps my heartfelt best to your friend and may you soon be able to share tea with her again - le xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell. Poor K. Poor you. Lucky Slinky and Malinky.

If K ever feels like she might be up for some baby giggles, let me know and I will deliver. Can almost invariably make him giggle on cue now. Very healing.

Anonymous said...

Don't apologise, you know we're here listening to whatever you have to say and providing whatever support we can. So sorry to hear she's not going well. Wish I could suggest something helpful, but i'm sure having you there with her is a huge help to her.
Hope you're taking care of yourself too, OK?

MissyBoo said...

I am sorry to hear she's not doing so well, but it must bring her some comfort that you are by her side. I hope the new treatment is successful.

It sounds like the cats are looking after you, not you looking after the cats!

sarahcis said...

Slinky Malinki !! I love that book - I hope that your cats are not as rapscallion as he is !!
I feel that blogs are for silencing the voices in your head.... and "we" (the royal version of course) , choose to read them and offer love and support. So whinge away my dear !

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing friend who gives so much. you are not whinging at all, you are realeasing your feelings into the universe.

Keep talking.