Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Disney too much....

Today was a telling day.

Toto, Boo and I went to a local cinema complex to see the latest Disney sensation, Wall-E. There were 20 of us.... 5 mums and 15 kidlets..... and the joy I received from being around these wonderful friends was inexplicable....



... and in direct contrast to the agony that I felt during the film. I simply lost it. The emotional roller coaster of this G rated childrens' film completely overwhelmed me.

At one stage, fighting back tears and feeling unbearably emotional, I told my boys that I needed to go out to the foyer to wait for them there.

Boo: "I'll look after you Mummy. Just lean against me. Squeeze my hand if you need to."

Toto: "If you need to leave, I'll come with you."

Bless.

And so I stayed. And I squeezed Boo's hand. Lots.

After the film we all had lunch, and then I had a panic attack on the way to the car (as you do).

Sheesh. Talk about living life on the edge. I'm a very strong woman (seriously!) and today showed me that I'm close to my breaking point. And so I'm going to seriously look after myself.

Thank you to my darling Dutch (and one Belgian!) blogging friends for today. Despite all, I am glad that we went. Next time let's go to a park and hang out on the swingset. (And thank you Eveline for crying too.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

An American blogger cried when she watched the trailer. Every time.

She filmed herself watching the trailer and breaking up, here.

The dudes at Pixar found her video, and were thrilled that they were getting the character right. They flew Courtney to the wrap party, and also to the premier.

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome :-)
XXX Eveline

Anonymous said...

Hugs.

I cry at the smallest things. A stupid bank ad got to me once.

Hope you are in a better place soon.

sarahcis said...

thats it. Im not seeing it until I can cry in the quiet of my own home. thanks for the tip ! Now Im back at the start of your blog, I would just like to say that you have to be one of the bravest and strongest people I have ever read about on the internets!

Anonymous said...

I cry at the lamest tv ads so you're definately not alone. I have heard wall-e is very powerful though. Hope you do take care of yourself ((( hugs )))

Fe said...

Thank you SO much everyone. Your comments mean so much to me right now.

Welcome Sarah! Nice to see you here. You might not recognise me, but I sang at your wedding... and have met your gorgeous Alex on more than one occasion.

Thank you for you wonderfully kind words.

Guera, I hope that reading my journey is not filling you with dread. I hope that my experience can help you avoid some of the pitfalls that I've fallen into. And if that isn't the case, please let me know so that I can give you more of the positive slant on single parenting.

And thank you Tiff. It's amazing that you have the emotional energy left to support me, but you do. Mwah.

And Lara, and Eveline, *sigh*, thanks.

xxx

sarahcis said...

I remember the singing very clearly and it was excellent ! Thanks for helping make our day so special. I still cant listen to Time After Time without crying !