These awards mean an awful lot to me, mainly because of the respect I have for the people who gave them to me.
The first one.....

.... was given to me by the beautiful and talented Lara at Disco Knitter. She is a "real life" friend as well as a blog-pal, and has been through her own journey of ups and downs, which she has blogged about honestly and articulately along the way. She's intelligent, strong and has amazing qualities of perception. She is also the mother of one of my favourite "opb" (Other Peoples' Babies)..... Inigo.
And the second one.....

...... was given to me by the amazing and incredible Tiff from My Three Ring Circus. Tiff is the mother of Amy (as well as 6 other beautiful children) and has been to hell and back on more than one occasion, and yet always finds a way to see the positive and beautiful around her. She's also a phenomenal photographer.
Now, along with the secret smile and the joy of being liked, comes the responsibility attached to accepting these awards. The rules, as I understand them, are as follows:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs. (ummm.... I'd better make that 14)
4. Add links to these blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.
So... I have done the first two things, and now I'm going to do step 3. I nominate.... (in no particular order)....
Our Name is Blog. The wonderful Lorrie gives me constant giggles, miles of loving support, and I get to think of her everyday because I have her "whatever" clock hanging on my wall.
Pea Soup. Suze takes me away for a few minutes every day or so with her stunning photography and quiet approach to a hectic world.
Blue Yonder. Because (just quietly) I wish I could be her.
Uncommon Grace. Photos photos photos. And an amazing approach to life.
Sheeps Clothing. She's a little bit me and a little bit you and VERY observant. Always makes me smile.
Super Whites. I'm a recent follower of this blog. Sarah is articulate and caring and is the mother of the very adventurous (and photogenic) Amy. Her perspective is always interesting.
Eastern Max. M may be a friend of mine (we're actually cousins if you must know) but she's also one of the most competent and intelligent chicky-babes that I know. Never ever boring.
Me & Boo. Lani makes me cry, often. They're always good tears. She's kind of a soul mate, I feel, although we haven't met (yet).
Light. Sweet. Crude. Trish keeps me feeling that I'm not obsessed with US politics (if only because she is!!). She sources the best stuff on the interweb, and layers it with brilliant photos and observant and well-informed comments. Go Trish!
My Little Drummer Boys. Another new blog for me. Trish has two beautiful twin sons and a teenage son. She has also faced a long and sometimes tragic journey with fertility. Her words are poignant and powerful and a must read.
Third On The Right. What can I say that hasn't been said already? Le is always interesting, always clever and always blogging. What a combination!
Around the Traps. Fairlie is fun. She is artistic and creative and an inspiration to me.
Blue. Photography. Stories. Amazing ability to articulate emotion. Blue.
Some of these people don't even know that I follow their blogs (I'm such a crap commenter). I hope that all my nominees smile just to know that I thought of them (and forgive me for abridged descriptions of why I nominated them). And that they know that they contribute to my day.
And I hope that everyone else knows that I had a long list to cull. And that I decided to limit my nominees to English blogs Ed: I mean written in English (doesn't mean I don't love you if you don't blog in English!)
Ed: And I didn't include you in my list if you were nominated by Lara or Tiff as well. It kind of made my job easier, but some of you would definitely have been on my list too.




12 comments:
Awww, gee, shucks. Thanks Fe! I'm definitely checking some of those other blogs.
Thanks, you're too sweet. I'm sorry I make you cry (I'll stop that soon)!
Amazing how we meet people on the internet and feel somewhat connected... and even more amazing when you do meet and that feeling is real :-)
Oh I am honoured. Thank you :)
Oh. Wow. I'm really touched. To be described as 'fun' is a HUGE compliment! Thanks. Some excellent choices there. I'm off to check out some of the ones I don't know.
And you, of course, are Brilliante!
You go girl! You really deserve it! You have a fantastic, honest blog. Don't know if I will ever be able to be that honest... learning in process I guess.. ;-)
Love, Eveline
On my blog that is...
Fe - thank you I have been checking out the other blogs too. Some hidden gems in there.
Ohhh congrats to you dear one - so well deserved.
And thankyou for thinking of me ... I am sooo smiling ! Ear to ear ...
I have had a rather rough seven months - professionally speaking - and have suffered abit of a body blow to self - and my blog and the world it creates has been a total saviour to me :)
I have not blogged much about it as I am too fearful of the repercussions - save for the I'm Done Resighation shirt - which the devil made me do ...
Love to you and my thoughts for all you are facing at present - le xoxo
Thanks Fe - not only for the award, but also for the fantastic list of new blogs for me to check out.
And you're right - I didn't know you were following. Now that you've outed yourself, I expect lots more comments please!!
Oh Wow! Thanks!
And congratulations on winning your awards too. All this linky-love makes the blogworld go 'round.
hello fe - I loved your comment on Lorrie's blog - so true - hugs le
Oh Fe! You are TOO SWEET. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Love that you read Le and Blue too! Will check out the others on your list!
Post a Comment