Friday, November 21, 2008

I don’t know how or what to write today, but I’m damned if I fail NaBloPoMo after all the effort I’ve put into it.

I feel like a chicken who has had it’s head chopped off and is still running around in circles. I think I’m reacting so badly to this because of the experience I had the first time DH took me to Family Court. It was incredibly bad. And it was 7 days before Boo’s birth.

My depression has come back full swing. I feel totally overwhelmed and unable to focus clearly. I am thinking in terms of all or nothing. I’m feeling incapable of taking this battle on.

Writing that last paragraph down has helped me. I can see that I won’t feel this way forever. I’ll get through this.

Thank you Guera for the list of lawyers. You’re a god-send. And thank you Kim for a lawyers’ name as well. I’m waiting for them all to get back to me.

The boys were meant to go away with DH this weekend but Toto is ill. Really ill with flu-like symptoms, fever and a terrible cough. I took him to the doctor today and he was prescribed complete bed-rest and quiet. Oh, and he’s highly contagious so we’ll all get it.

This means that he can’t go away this weekend. And Boo is refusing to go without him. Of course DH thinks that this is ME reacting to his litigiousness and is furious. He has said that he doesn't believe me and will go and speak to the doctor himself.

It’s actually more to do with sick kids wanting their Mum. Something which DH has encouraged over the years by always bringing them “home” to me whenever they were sick.

You know the one thing above all others that is killing me right now? I told DH on the phone (just before he hung up on me, telling me that he will not be speaking to me without his lawyer) that this is not about ME fighting him, but about HIM fighting the wishes of the boys. I begged him not to do this because the boys DO NOT want to spend every second week with him. I told him that if they did, I would agree to it. He said “They’ll just have to get used to it”.

What an uncaring, unfeeling cretin.

Oh, and in an awful awful awful awful twist, “she” is back in hospital. The universe is just not aligning for us at the moment. And I feel that I have nothing left in me to help her at the moment. But of course I can’t explain that to her, or tell her about this situation with DH. So, we’ll see ...

On a more heart-warming note..... this is Toto's painting that came home from school the other day...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could do more.

I think you are a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for and I have everything crossed that you will work this out, that "she" will get better, that Toto won't infect you and Boo with his flu, and that DH will contract some nasty STD that makes his willy shrivel to the size of his brain and heart (ie miniscule).

Please, call anytime (I mean that) and if there's anything else I can do, please please let me know.
xxxxx

Dina Roberts said...

Toto's painting is excellent.

I feel so sad for your sons. This is incredibly unfair to them.

Of course, a child doesn't want to be away from his mommy when he's sick. And I can totally understand Boo not wanting to go alone.

I'm now reading Guera's comment. You know....I second everything she says.

Anonymous said...

Guera, I so heartily second that thought about the std!!!!!

Fe, I just don't know what I can do, not knowing lawyers or enough about the system down under. You have my unconditional love and support. Never hesitate to ask if, by some chance, there were something I could do.

Anonymous said...

It is all monstrously wrong so I can only echo Guera 100%. Am here for you. J xox

MissyBoo said...

I wish I could help too. I am so sorry that everything has fallen in your lap all at the same time.

If there is anything I can do apart from be here and support virtually, please let me know.

I love Toto's painting, and really hope he feels better soon, and you and Boo avoid the lurgy.

(((((Hugs)))))

Eef said...

The painting is absolutely beautiful. Toto is definitely very talented.
But your posting is so sad... I really don't know what to say, nor to do. I have too little knowledge of legal Australia. I wish you all the best. I am thinking of you.
Love, Eveline